Conor McGregor could step back into the Octagon before 2020 is over.
McGregor announced Thursday on Twitter that he’s agreed to fight Dustin Poirier, but only if the bout takes place on Nov. 21, Dec. 12 or Dec. 19. The UFC, which had initially offered McGregor the fight for Jan. 23, has yet to respond to McGregor’s counteroffer, according to ESPN.
McGregor (26-4) previously beat Poirier (26-6-1) in the first round of a 2014 fight. Poirier told ESPN he would be willing to fight on Nov. 21 or Dec. 12.
“Hello Dustin! I accepted the @ufc offer to fight you, but told them it must happen in 2020. I’m ready for Nov 21st, given that cards recent injury issues, as well as any of the December dates, the 12th and the 19th,” McGregor tweeted. “I’ll also still donate the $500k to The Good Fight Foundation.”
McGregor’s lone fight this year came in a 40-second TKO win over Donald Cerrone in January. McGregor had said he planned on fighting three times this year, before the COVID-19 pandemic and a series of failed negotiations with the UFC sidetracked his return.
View original post